Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Own 'Pattern Wikia' aka why i wanna blog about my sewing patterns

I LOVE sewing patterns.
I've been working on building my personal collection.
In the process I've come across many cute patterns that I thought others might like.
So when I go to the thrift store I grab as many of the sewing patterns as I can afford.

I was doing research on some the vintage sewing patterns that I have, and I came across VintagePattern Wikia.
It's a cute Wiki site where people from all over contribute information about vintage {25+ years old} sewing patterns.
If you are selling the pattern you can add your link under vendors.
But even if you're not selling it helps to add to the information bank of patterns!
If you have used the pattern you can link to your blog post about the item you created!
Browsing the images of the fashions of yester-year can be quite satisfying.

I plan to add my patterns {those I'm selling on CraftyPixieSupplies, and my personal collection} to VintagePattern Wikia.
I also wanted to blog about my patterns here, to create a collective pocket of information for even my non-vintage patterns. Since they will be vintage one day too.

Eventually, when I can make time, I'll actually use my patterns to sew with.
When I do I will blog about my creations and link them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment